Brisket BBQ Sauce is a great compliment to good slow smoked Beef Brisket. The different flavors paired with the coffee give it a special taste that works wonders for brisket.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 45 minutes
- Yield: about 2.5 cups
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion minced
- 1 tsp course or large grain Kosher Salt
- 1.5 Tbsp Garlic Powder or 3 Cloves minced
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup of Espresso or strong Coffee
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Gochujang
- In a sauce pan heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion, cook about 4 to 7 minutes until they become soft.
- Add garlic powder or minced garlic, mix well and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add all other items, bring to a boil for 1 minute, reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 45 minutes stirring often so the sauce doesn’t stick or burn.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool at room temp. Can be served warm.
- It will keep for about 3 weeks in your fridge.