For a while now I’ve been asked by people if I ever make anything on the grill that a vegan or vegetarian could enjoy. Well, you will have to look below to see the face I often make when I’m asked this. LMAO!
To be honest, I tinkered with a few recipes. This was done because I accepted a challenge to eat vegan for a little while last year, it wasn’t as bad as I had initially thought. I chose to make Veggie kabobs because they were quick and easy to make, plus the recipes I made covered the vegetables I like so it helped me with the challenge. Here is my favorite recipe!
- Jalapeno Pepper
- Red Sweet onions
- Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced
- Red, Yellow or Green Bell Peppers
- Yellow Squash
- Lawry’s, Santa Fe Chili Marinade with Lime & Garlic
- The Rub Co. Santa Maria Style
- Wash vegetables well, and cut them into skewer friendly pieces. I usually leave the jalapeno whole on 1 kabob because everyone doesn’t like the spiciness.
- Marinade the veggies in Lawry’s, Santa Fe Chili Marinade with Lime & Garlic for 2-4 hours in the fridge.
- Thread the vegetables onto skewers, alternating colors. Season to taste with The Rub Co. Santa Maria Style.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook to your desired doneness, turning occasionally.
Use a 2 prong or flat skewer to make assembling and grilling your kabobs easy. If you use wood skewers, soak them in water for 1 hour before placing your vegetables on them and cooking, this prevents the wood skewers from catching fire during the cooking process.