Here is a sauce I use as 1 of my common go to barbeque sauces. You can use it on just about everything.
“Lip Smacker” Barbeque Sauce
- 4 Cups Heinz Ketchup (or another quality brand)
- 4 Cups Heinz White Vinegar (or another quality brand)
- 4 Cups Cold Water
- 6 Tbsp Chili Powder (pure chili powder not a blend)
- 6 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 6 Tbsp White Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Ground Black pepper
- 2 Lrg Yellow Cooking Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Med Lemon Juiced
Place all ingredients in a large pot and simmer over medium low heat until thick, about 2 hours.
Makes a little less more than 10 cups. Cool and store in the fridge in a half-gallon jug.